8.13.2009

A sailor suit, a sailor suit, a rice ball in a sailor suit!

I recently realized that I hadn't mentioned my wonderful 20th birthday party! I feel terrible, because it was just the best party and two of my friends helped me out extensively with it. It just fell through the cracks during a difficult time. Soooo.....

I'm a theme kind of person - a party always needs a theme. For my July birthday pool party, I chose Japan - tricky and somewhat bizarre, since all the party stores were about was hawaiian or patriotic. I scouted the local Asian markets and found some essential items, and with my friend's wonderful suggestions, the food and decor was great! Many people showed up dressed to impress in an asian theme, and with our party pants on we stayed up til long after midnight (and survived an impressive summer thunderstorm)....


As for the theme, I couldn't help it...I love the Japanese culture! Anne loaned me A Japanese Inn by Oliver Statler, and I'm enraptured by this tale of a inn, steeped in culture and tradition, surviving the flow of history around it. Lately, I re-watched Memoirs of a Gheisha, Spirited Away, Nassica, Fruits Basket, and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. And of course, I always love me some manga. (^_^)

Good news! Sinus infection is vanquished. One 5-day Zpack and I was back on track. Aha.

New people in my life! Amazing, kind people! I'm just so happy.

Other than that, I'd rather not talk about feelings right now. But I'm doing very good. I'm seeking God, and that's all I care to ask for.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness - what a fabulous idea! I'm throwing myself a 21st bday party in September and I never even thought about a theme! I am so going to have one, though!

David said...

Never wanting to talk about feelings. I'm gonna start calling you robot. It's an Arrested Development quote but you never watched it :(

Kait said...

@Amber - yes, you would really have fun wih the theme! So many good recipes. Happy birthday!

@David - yes, I watched almost all of it. But I didnt memorize it because I have a life.

Bluebelle said...

Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog while I was away!

I love this party theme, I am storing that theme away for the future - if only so I can get a japanese style dress. Gorgeous!